Edit the Freakin’ Book
Have you written a book? High fives!
So many people talk about it and you’ve gone right a head and done it. You rule.
Now, the next step is to make it as attractive and sell-able as you possibly can. If you’re self-publishing this is an absolute, non-negotiable necessity, you may not have the marketing budget of a big publishing house, but your book can still have exactly the same impact if you invest in the editing process. The average person buys five books a year so you NEED to make sure your book is one of them. FYI: I’m NOT the average person, I’ve been known to buy five books in a day.
As your editrix, I will wave my wand of word-y wonder to make sure your book is a deliciously attractive proposition to agents, publishers and your potential readership.
I will ask you to provide a complete manuscript in a word document via email. I will provide a full red-pen style editorial service consisting of both copy-editing and content development via the word ‘track changes’ system. I’m not the Simon Cowell of book editing, but I WILL be
honest and truthful. If I think your novel is ‘beyond saving,’ I’ll say so. I want you to succeed. I’ll then return the edited manuscript to you.
Once you’ve made any changes/additions to the manuscript, you’ll send it back to me and I will provide you with a fully-edited, spell-checked ‘send to print’ manuscript – awesome, huh?
Word Girl’s credentials:
- Over 12 years experience in the Publishing and PR industry
- Obsess-o about words. You can call totally call me Word Girl, in fact, please do. I’m a geek and the idea of you calling me by my superhero name makes me all kinds o’ happy.
- Written for, and edited magazines both here and in the US
- Written the Lola Love series of self-esteem books for teen girls published by HarperCollins.
- Written over 15 books as a writer-for-hire ranging from children’s fiction and annuals to self-help and personal development books
- Freelance editor who has worked on titles for Penguin, Parragon, HarperCollins, O Books.
- SASSY: the Go-For-It Girl’s Guide to becoming Mistress of your destiny, is out September 2012
To hire me as Word Girl, you could try sending a WG signal into the sky, or alternatively, and altogether a much more practical way to do it, is to click the button below. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me at: email@example.com – I’m happy to answer any of your questions. I’m good like that.